Click HERE for the Rotary Club of Almaden Valley Playgarden funding page|
Click HERE for the Kiwanis of Almaden Valley Playgarden funding page
Tree Planting at the John D. Morgan Park
9:00am - 12:00pm, January 29, 2023
This Weeks Speaker, Malisha Kumar speaking on Fostering youth thru theater to become confident, passionate and creative adults, 1/19/23
Malisha is a proud member of Rotary Morgan Hill. Born and raised in San Jose, CA; Malisha attended Notre Dame High School and is a graduate of Santa Clara University holding a B.S. in Anthropology with an Emphasis in Human and an MBA. She is a mom of 2, Lili who is 22 and Jacob who is 19 and happily married to her husband Kevin who she married in 2020. Her professional career was spent in manufacturing where she worked her way to becoming the CEO of her family’s sheet metal business. After selling the business 7 years ago, Malisha has dedicated her time to volunteering in her community. She serves as a planning commissioner for the City of Morgan Hill, is an advocate for children with special needs, and serves on the board of directors for South Valley Civic Theatre. She is currently producing The Drowsy Chaperone which opens February 24th!
Last Weeks Speaker, Shanta "Shay" Franco-Clausen, Supporting Incarcerated Women, 1/12/23
Shay is a long-time powerhouse, who advocates for fairness and equity in local and state government. Serving on countless Commissions and Boards, Shay was also an elected official, serving as Vice Chair on the Santa Clara Valley Open Space authority. In her spare time, she is a mother of five with her wife and the impetus to her advocacy is "I am just trying to be the woman I wished I would have met at 14."
The Rotary Club of Almaden Valley, chartered in 1969, has 20 to 25 men and women representing a cross-section of local businesses and professions. The Rotary Club of Almaden Valley recently changed their official name to the Rotary Club of Almaden Valley - Willow Glen. The club meets at Rookie's Sports Lodge and on Zoom from Noon to 1:15 pm each Thursday for fellowship, and interesting and informative programs dealing with topics of local and global importance. The club is a member of Rotary District 5170 comprised of 60 clubs and approximately 4000 members.
Rotary is: SERVICE ABOVE SELF
Almaden Valley Rotary is very proud of:
- 100% Paul Harris Fellows as a goal
- Sponsor of five Interact clubs,
Oak Grove, Valley Christian, Branham, Pioneer and Leland
- Scholarships to local high schools
- Sponsor of Camp RYLA students
- Sponsor of Speech contest candidates
- Support of local Boy Scout Eagle Projects
President John Baker announced his board as elected for the year 2022-2023
- President-Elect: Ken Tavernier
- Past President: Dave Olson
- Secretary: Jerry Gibson
- Treasurer: Miles Yamamoto
- Rotary Foundation: Ken Tavernier
- International: Bill Bynum
- Youth Services: Trung Ho
- Club Administration: Dave Olson/Ken Tavernier
- Community Service: Emilie Highley/Wendy Marioni
- Membership: Dave Olson
- Social Chairman: Jessie Consentino/Ken Tavernier
- Fundraiser: Ammal Elhaddad
- Grapevine Editor: Gregg Consentino
- Program Chair: Emilie Highley/Wendy Marioni
- Public Relations: Fred Brew
- Sergeant of Arms: Gregg Consentino/Jessie Consentino
- Website: Jerry Gibson
The Rotary Club of Almaden Valley presently meets at Rookies Sports Lodge on Meridian and on ZOOM every Thursday from 12:00 to 1:15pm.
Information is on the Grapevine to sign in.
A detailed Calendar of all events and meetings going on at the club:
- Larry Pegram, What kids are being taught, 1/26
- Rob Mohr, General Housing Plan, 2/2
- Jennifer Cullenbine, The Family Giving Tree Programs, 2/16
- Julie DeMaria, Operation Care & Comfort Veterans, 2/23
- DARK, 3/16
- St. Patrick's Event, 3/17
- Jeff Rosen, 3/30
The current GRAPEVINE is a capsulation of last week's meeting and any other goings on.
And click Here for the past Grapevines.
Our history is chronicled in Photo
Albums which include all of our past and present events.